December 4, 2014

Inspiration | Laced up in Leather



 Watching the movie Lucy the other day (if you haven't seen it, it's actually a pretty decent film), I got to say, the stylists had it spot on with that one dress worn by Scarlett Johannson. Gorgeous with lace up detailing; a little bit of digging identified the dress as none other than the Mummy Dress by Iris van Herpen. Iris van Herpen has long been a favourite designer of mine with her haute couture work with 3D printing and mobile pieces. I highly recommend to check out her work; it reminds me a bit of Alexander McQueen with a more technological feel.

This dress is easily done as a DIY, I can't wait to give it a go. You'll need a black dress, silver eyelets and leather laces (I've already ordered this dress from Zara to try it out with). Probably super time consuming project but the end result will definitely be a stunner!

Images from Iris van Herpen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read through each and everyone of them, lots of love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...