October 13, 2014

Trending | Lend Me an Ear



It seems like a typical thing to have ones ears pierced but until recently I was that one odd girl who had virgin earlobes. Granted I did recall having arguments with my mother in the past to get my ear pierced; as I got older, I just kind of forgot about earrings in general, it just wasn't part of my everyday routine.

Now I know what I've been missing out on! Small little accents to draw attention to your face; a little extra sparkle; a whole new accessory to covet and collect! I'm intrigued by the new styles of earrings that are popping up around in the fashion world. No longer is just the earlobe highlighted but the back of the ear with the emergence of ear jackets and the crescent of the ear with ear cuffs. So many pretty ear accessories, no longer can you just classify them all as earrings. Here are some ear trends I can't get enough of:

Ear Jackets: Whoever started this trend....I love you. its a super easy way to spice up plain old studs with a special back piece. Some favourites here, here and here

Ear cuffs: Edgy. Hot. Unique. I remember when this trend first emerged and was instantly trying to DIY versions with my friends. (potential tutorial if anyone wants it?). I currently own this one, loving this, and this.

Asymmetric Earrings: Mixing it up. Matching pairs are too typical, make a statement with different earrings. Plus symmetry is soooooooo last season. Can't wait to get my hands on these, this and this.

Ear Crawlers: Newest accessory for this season, kind of a hybrid of an ear cuff and an ear jacket. Super cute ones to inspire your inner shopaholic here, here and here.

Images by Tommy Ton 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read through each and everyone of them, lots of love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...