May 22, 2014

Inspiration | In Suspense


Maybe I'm a bit late getting on board with this Alexander Wang collection but I believe his brilliance can be and should be appreciated all the time! (It makes it seem like I thoughtfully put this together more than stumbling across an image going ooooooooh DIY? And only realizing its a season or few late; but in my defense his pieces are more staples and timeless than most.)

The architectural structure of his pieces in this collection brings me back to the long ago memories when I was learning how to draw two point perspective buildings. How does this relate you ask? It really doesn't but when a design evokes an emotion or memory from us it holds something special and becomes more memorable. I think my desire to have and covet all Alexander Wang pieces stem from that. His work tends to reinvent age old processes in fashion with a futuristic flare. Kind of like how the weightlessness appearance of suspension bridges when first introduced were never before seen innovative structures created by mankind. Both are delicate but with the flare of power and resilience that can be found in a woman who wears these suspension pieces.

Images from here, here, here, here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read through each and everyone of them, lots of love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...