May 31, 2013

DIY Inspiration: Cut Out and Bound


It's Net-a-porter's semi annual clearance, so now you know what my home page will be set to for the next few weeks. All wonderful designer items on sale at a price I can potentially covet at. While going through the site, I realized that these 3.1 Phillip Lim cut out leather and stingray ankle boots were looking vaguely familiar. Of course it was reminiscent of the Zara close toe strappy sandals from their TRF Lookbook which I've seen previously; silly me for not paying attention to the 3.1 Phillip Lim runway! 

Shoes on the left are from Zara (here); shoes on the right from 3.1 Phillip Lim (here)
I definitely love the hits of colour and metallics in the 3.1 Phillip Lim version and it is a simple DIY with the TRF shoes. Grab some paint, a brush and some drying time patience (which can be like watching paint dry). See what I did there??? Yup, I'm pun-tastic! 

5 comments:

  1. those shoes are amazing!!!
    thanks for dropping by :D

    yes for sure lets follow eachother. let me know when ur done and i will return <3 xx

    Michelle

    mich-ette.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. leather shorts look great!

    Would you like to follow each other? Let me know!
    Neha
    http://letstalkabouteverything1.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg. I am completely obsessed with cut outs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read through each and everyone of them, lots of love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...