May 17, 2013

A Mermaid's Dream




Seafoam goodness.

A little splurge on my part over the weekend, combined with some shopping buddy pressure and I am the proud new owner of Mermaid's Dream by Deborah Lippmann. I bet you anything that my description will not do it justice but here I go. Seafoam goodness, that's basically how I would describe it in two words. A lovely turquoise, minty green/blue with a metallic sheen with cerulean blue glitter suspended between the layers, with a hint of gold and iridescent purple shimmer. Dries to a smooth, not too bumpy texture that has me running my fingers over my nails repeatedly like a crazy person. It's a gorgeous polish all around.

This shade came out last year and since then Deborah Lippmann has released other shades. Definitely looking into getting Do the Mermaid which is a lilac purple, which has the same formulation as Mermaid's Dream. I'm not too crazy over the other shades in the collection, may be because I have similar shades; whereas the sea foam mint turquoise colour and lavender are missing from my current collection.

The funny thing is that when I was little I always wanted to be Ariel from the Little Mermaid, swimming with the fishes, seeing brilliant coral reefs... Still do. So how can I resist something like Mermaid's Dream? Highly recommend anyone else who loves the Little Mermaid to check out these polishes!

3 comments:

  1. So pretty! Nail polishes that remind me of mermaids are my favorite kind. How does the Deborah Lippman formula compare to drugstore polishes? Are they really worth the money? Just curious. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I own two polishes from Deborah Lippmann, this being one of them. I do believe that they do wear a better than drugstore polishes. Personally I would just save the money and buy drugstore for her regular shades, whereas some of her special glitters and limited collections like Mermaid's Dream I think are worth the splurge because there are no drugstore dupes. I can provide some dupes in a future post if you'd like :) Hope that helps!

      Delete
  2. mmmm what the beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read through each and everyone of them, lots of love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...