February 23, 2013

Review of Revlon Selects




I've had these Revlon products for a while now from their Revlon Selects promo and after finally using them all, I have to say that I like the majority of them.

Eyeshadow PhotoReady palette in Metropolitan: love the neutral tones, the dark brown may look shimmery but it actually applies quite matte which I like. I originally thought that the primer in the pallette would be creamy kind of like my UD eyeshadow primer but its more of shimmery wash of colour to even out the skin tone, so I was slightly dissapointed by that but I loved all the colours. The only thing that was annoying was the glittery topcoat, because the primer wasnt sticky/creamy it had nothing to stick to and had a lot of fallout; but when paired with my UD primer it looked great.

Nail Expressionist nail art duo: love the dual ended thing going for it. I'm a HUGE fan of nail art and I love the thin brush applicator with the gold. I wish both the blue and gold were more pigmented so I didnt have to apply multiple coats.

Nail polish moon candy duo: The flaky top coat is okay, I have others from china glaze and essie which I prefer because the flakes are more evenly distrabuted and smaller. But this one does pair well with the matching polish. Looks great on top of black as well.

Diamond Nail file: LOVE IT! I've been meaning to get a new nail file for a while, and this worked great. Love the silver glitter (I like shiny sparkly things, so sue me :P)

Lipstick ColourStay Ultimate Suede: Love the dark colour, I'm not one to wear lipstick a lot so I use this more as a stain and apply is by dabbing the colour onto my lips for a light sheer application. I've been keeping this in my purse and grabbing for it a lot! It stays REALLY well as a stain, I don't know about it being actual lipstick...I'll have to test it out. I find that it does dry my lips a bit, but applying balm over top doesn't smudge it and will keep your lips moisturized so it isn't really a problem for me.

Overall: Products are pretty good, highlight of the package for me would be the introduction of the nail expressionist dual ends, I love that nail art is becoming more main stream! I'd most likely repurchase them in all the different colours and the lipstick. The palette, I may try in a different colour but I would prefer more matte colours.

If you've tried out these products, let me know what your thoughts are in the comments below!

6 comments:

  1. great blog :)
    would you like to follow each other?
    www.lusciousstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the eyeshadow packaging... specially for dumb people with make up like me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post :)
    Following on instagram!


    Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

    Coline ♡

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read through each and everyone of them, lots of love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...