December 3, 2012

Dot the I's and Cross the T's:: DIY Cross Nails


In anticipation for my final presentation, I painted my nails to match my project. Blue and silver just like my model. I wanted to do something interesting with some vinyl strips I had leftover from my project and cross decals seemed like a good idea. I love how my nails turned out and it's a fun and easy way to get cute nail art! (Much better than simple strips and mess free!)


What you'll need:
  • Nail polish (I used Calypso by China Glaze)
  • A top coat (mine's from Joe Fresh)
  • Thin metallic vinyl strips (you can also use nail art striping tape here)


Steps:
  1. Paint on your nail polish like you normally would.
  2. Cut the vinyl into desired strip lengths, ten long pieces and ten shorter pieces to form a cross on each nail.
  3. Apply your strips onto your nails to form a cross. You should do this while the nail polish is still a bit tacky so it has a better hold.
  4. Apply a top coat and let your nails dry.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful! And easy¡!

    Thanks for comment!

    Those firmoo glases are model #DBSN5268
    And btw that bag isnt h&m but donna iveh, made by me! :-)

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, thanks! I'll be sure to check Firmoo out!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your comment! Love these :)

    <3 Aimee
    www.swellmayde.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I must try this ! So cool


    Http://Fashioneiric.Blogspot.Com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a rad way to decorate your nails ;)


    XX,
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This manucure look good!!!

    http://beautybubblesinyourlife.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read through each and everyone of them, lots of love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...