|Wearing:: Joe Fresh Sweater|
I'm super excited to wear these out for Halloween, but I'd probably where them to school on a normal day, because I'm just that cool. I saw them on the cover Nylon Magazine and knew I wanted my own pair, finally tracking them down on the ASOS website, only to find out they were sold out; it was time to put my DIY skills to use (as mentioned here)! They're super easy to make and sure to look adorable with any outfit you pair it with. You can still get the pearl version of this on the ASOS website, but personally, I'm more of a rhinestone and sparkles person. I'm kinda of like a magpie....anyways, continue reading for instructions!
Click to continue to steps and photos!
- Wire cutters
- Plain silver headband
- 24 gauge beading wire
- 12 gauge aluminum wire
- Permanent marker (not shown)
- Glue gun (not shown)
- Cut two pieces of 12 gauge wire for the ears
- Bend these pieces to your desired cat ear shape
- Mark where you want them to go on the headband
- Bend the ends into loops and cut the excess off
- Take the 24 gauge wire and wrap it around the ear frame pieces to secure it to the headband, use pliers to help you.
- Disassemble your rhinestone chain (if you have singular rhinestones, skip this step)
- Layout where you want the rhinestones
- Take your glue gun and glue the rhinestones on. It's not an ideal solution, but hey, if you're handy with a soldering iron, go ahead and do that, it'll be more secure.
- Wear them out, you're DONE!