October 5, 2012

DIY:: Love Nails


I picked up a copy of the Flare Accessories Guide and fell in love with the "tattoo-like" nails by Vivienne Westwood Red Label. Needing to change up my nails, I thought it would be the prefect time to try to recreate them. Instructions are after the break and I bet they will be sure to pack a punch and become a conversation starter.

Inspired by Vivienne Westwood Nails in the Flare Accessory Guide





I had a bit of trouble taking in depth pictures so I created a graphical follow-along to help you guys out.


Supplies:
  • Base Coat
  • Black nail polish
  • White nail polish
  • Red, Black, Blue and White Nail art pens (I got mine off of ebay, they're both a pen and brush)
  • Top coat 
  • Glitter flake top coat

 Start off with a good base coat and paint your thumb and pinky black and the rest white.


If you don't have nail art pens, take a small paint brush, and paint on the designs. It takes time especially on your opposite hand, but with practice you'll get it right!


You can't see the thumb in the pictures, but I just added a flaky top coat to it and it looks fabulous and ties it all together with the other nails. Add a top coat over everything and you're DONE!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read through each and everyone of them, lots of love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...