October 13, 2012

DIY:: Leopard Spotted Gold Nails


As promised, here is the tutorial for leopard spotted nail art as previously mentioned here. I love the gold base and it pairs perfectly with jewel toned clothing like burgundy and emerald greens. I've already gotten so many compliments on this manicure and I'm sure you will too!


Supplies:
  • Base coat (Deborah Lippmann - Turn back the Time)
  • Gold nail polish (Simons - Khaki Gold)
  • Black nail polish (InstaDri - Night Flight)
  • Pearly grey colour (the one in the picture I didn't actually use because I couldn't get the top off, I ended up using Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in 11 - Lavender Envy)
  • Top coat
  • Dotting tool or toothpick





Continue reading for steps!



Steps:
  1. Paint a base coat to protect your nails
  2. Apply two coats of gold nail polish
  3. Let the base colour dry a bit before continuing to the next step
  4. Take black nail polish and a dotting tool (toothpicks work as well) and draw leopard spots on your index, middle and pinky fingernails
  5. Take a pearly nude/gray colour and dot it in the centre of each leopard spot
  6. Let nails fully dry before putting on a top coat.
See my other nail art tutorials here! Let me know what kind of nail art tutorials you guys like and would like to see more of :)

7 comments:

  1. This is one great post! Thanks the review! I need to try this out cause it looks amaaaazing!


    -True

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Send me a pic of your mani when you're done! :)

      Delete
  2. I will give it a try! Could you please consider following each other? www.shineonbyandrea.blogspot.com Twitter:@shineonbyandrea Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/shineonbyandrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Followed and send me a pic of the mani when you're done :)

      Delete
  3. I love this DIY!! Thanks for following me - just followed you back via GFC and Twitter. Looking fwd to supporting each other! :)

    Love, S

    http://shamelesslyoverdressed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Followed you back and be sure to check back for a new nail art tutorial next week.

      Delete
  4. Really loving your tutorial! Must try this nail art too :D
    Maya
    archistas.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read through each and everyone of them, lots of love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...