September 19, 2012

DIY :: Becoming a Minkette - Laced Shorts

Rebecca Minkoff DIY

Has everyone seen Rebecca Minkoff's S/S '13 collection? It's gorgeous! I wish I could own it all. I loved the white theme that was consistent throughout the whole collection. I think white is perfect for spring and summer. Clicking through the runway pictures, I fell in love with the pocket laced detailing on the white shorts. Such a cute detail mixed in the bows. Inspired by the laced pieces, here's my DIY Laced Shorts for S/S '13 (or you can wear it now, which is cool too).


This is my entry for the Bloglovin' & Rebecca Minkoff Contest, if you're not a blogger, no worries. You can still enter via here for a chance to win $500 Shopping Spree at RM. Good luck to you all!

Read more for DIY instructions.


What You'll Need:
  • Shorts or jeans to DIY
  • Grommets (3/16") and puncher
  • Rope / ribbon / shoe laces (I went with shoe laces because I liked the finished ends)
  • Pen or pencil
  • Ruler
  • Hammer
  • Scissors

Steps:
  1. Prepare your jeans by cutting them to the desired length. (If you have shorts you can skip the step and head to step 2)
  2.  Place the jeans on a clean workspace.
  3. Draw a diagonal line to the center of the shorts.
  4. Mark where you want to place the grommets with a pen/pencil, you may want a ruler to help line things up. I spaced mine out 1" from the diagonal on each side.
  5. Cut small holes for the grommets.
  6. Place the grommets on the shorts to see if you like the spacing.
  7. Follow the instructions on your grommet package to secure them. (Be careful when using the hammer!)
  8. Thread the shoe laces through the grommets.
  9. Repeat on the other side.
  10. Wear them out because you're finished!
Cheers,
Charlie

P.S. I'm IN LOVE with this vest! Want. It. So. Bad! I love how the floral pattern is balanced with the tough shape and zipper detailing. Perfection.



Special thanks to Tricia for helping me with photos :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read through each and everyone of them, lots of love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...