|Rebecca Minkoff DIY|
Has everyone seen Rebecca Minkoff's S/S '13 collection? It's gorgeous! I wish I could own it all. I loved the white theme that was consistent throughout the whole collection. I think white is perfect for spring and summer. Clicking through the runway pictures, I fell in love with the pocket laced detailing on the white shorts. Such a cute detail mixed in the bows. Inspired by the laced pieces, here's my DIY Laced Shorts for S/S '13 (or you can wear it now, which is cool too).
This is my entry for the Bloglovin' & Rebecca Minkoff Contest, if you're not a blogger, no worries. You can still enter via here for a chance to win $500 Shopping Spree at RM. Good luck to you all!
Read more for DIY instructions.
What You'll Need:
- Shorts or jeans to DIY
- Grommets (3/16") and puncher
- Rope / ribbon / shoe laces (I went with shoe laces because I liked the finished ends)
- Pen or pencil
- Prepare your jeans by cutting them to the desired length. (If you have shorts you can skip the step and head to step 2)
- Place the jeans on a clean workspace.
- Draw a diagonal line to the center of the shorts.
- Mark where you want to place the grommets with a pen/pencil, you may want a ruler to help line things up. I spaced mine out 1" from the diagonal on each side.
- Cut small holes for the grommets.
- Place the grommets on the shorts to see if you like the spacing.
- Follow the instructions on your grommet package to secure them. (Be careful when using the hammer!)
- Thread the shoe laces through the grommets.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Wear them out because you're finished!
P.S. I'm IN LOVE with this vest! Want. It. So. Bad! I love how the floral pattern is balanced with the tough shape and zipper detailing. Perfection.
Special thanks to Tricia for helping me with photos :)