July 27, 2012

Confetti & Birthday Parties


Got a hot date or party this weekend? Confetti nail art is a good choice for fun and summery nails.

Nail art is the perfect accessory for your finger tips. It can add a bit of an edge, a pop of colour or just give your nails a little deserved attention.

This confetti nail art is super easy and all you need are an assortment of colourful nail polishes, dotting tool (you could just stick a pin into the back of a pencil, works the same), base coat and top coat. Super easy, just follow the steps after the break!


Cheers,
Charlie


Apply a base coat. I used Deborah Lippman's Turn Back Time Basecoat.
To add a little variety, I decided to paint my ring fingers a different colours from the rest. The pink is China Glaze - IV, and the mint green is China Glaze - Re-fresh Mint.
Start by dotting closest to the cuticle and make a gradation. Here I used China Glaze - Sky-High Top.
Add another layer of dots in a different colour. Here, I used China Glaze - Spontaneous.
On the pink nails I added the mint green colour of the ring fingers as another layer of dots, on the ring finger I used Loreal - #205 Rockin' Pink for another layer of dots.
For a little sparkle, I added gold dots as the finishing detail, China Glaze - GR8. Finish off with a top coat (Joe Fresh Top Coat)and you're done! I had added a coat of Revlon - Whimsical on top of the ring finger to give it a bit more sparkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read through each and everyone of them, lots of love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...